Lynda.com has upgraded to LinkedIn Learning!
For the past few years, students and employees at Algonquin College have had access to Lynda.com - an extensive collection of online video courses on software, business, and other valuable skills. We’ve always considered Lynda to be a pretty handy resource, but his change means it is now even better! On August 6th, Lynda.com upgraded to become LinkedIn Learning.
The video Welcoming users to LinkedIn Learning (for upgrading Lynda.com users) gives a good overview of this change.
The Benefits of LinkedIn Learning
- Useful courses: LinkedIn Learning provides access to all of the same great courses from Lynda.com; these include courses on how to use certain software as well courses for your personal and professional development.
- User-friendly course library: The course library is divided by subject, software, and learning path, which makes it easy to find courses that interest you.
- Personalized course recommendations: You will be able to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn account, and get personalized course recommendations based on your industry.
- Ability to display achievements: Connecting your Learning account with your personal LinkedIn account allows you to display the courses that you have completed.
What this Change Means for You
- If you have a Lynda.com account, you are required to activate your LinkedIn Learning account to keep your Lynda.com history. Follow the instructions for existing users in our LinkedIn Learning guide.
- If you’ve never used Lynda.com, you can start fresh! Follow the instructions for new users in our LinkedIn Learning guide.
- Existing Lynda.com users should have received an activation email after the upgrade completed. Keep this email; you will need it for activating your account.
Whether you’ve been using Lynda.com for years or this is the first time you’ve heard about this fantastic online resource, we hope you explore LinkedIn Learning and learn something new! For more information about LinkedIn Learning and the upgrade process, visit our LinkedIn Learning guide.
LinkedIn Learning Support
For any questions or troubles regarding LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), please contact the Library using the contact form: