1. Create your Lynda.com Account
- Go to Lynda.com with this link
- Enter your Algonquin College e-mail address and click "Submit"
- Lynda.com will send an e-mail to your Algonquin College e-mail account. Click on the link in that e-mail to create your profile
- Note: Your Lynda.com profile must be created using your Algonquin College e-mail address. This profile is specific to Lynda.com and doesn't have any connection with your Algonquin network account. It is recommended to use a different password to access the Lynda.com account.
2. Go to Lynda.com
- Once you have created a Lynda profile you can login directly to www.lynda.com
- Note: If you created a Lynda.com profile using a personal e-mail address you must create a new profile using your Algonquin College e-mail address to connect to Lynda.com.
3. Update your Lynda.com Username
Beginning on March 1st 2016 all Lynda.com accounts created before March 14th 2014 with usernames that are not an official Algonquin College email will be removed.
If you wish to keep your account active please apply the following steps:
- Log in to Lynda.com
- Select Hi, <Your Name> at the top right of any Lynda.com page.
- Select Profile.
- Select Edit next to User name.
- Change the username to match your Algonquin College Email address.
- Select Save to confirm changes.
Having issues connecting to Lynda.com?
Contact us at email@example.com
How can Lynda.com help me?
Lynda.com is a library of thousands of up to date video tutorials designed to keep you current in software packages such as: Adobe Master Collection CS6.0 (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Premiere Pro etc.), Microsoft Office, Corel, WordPress and much more.
What else do I need to know right now?
Once you have created a profile on lynda.com you can:
- view a history of the courses and movies you have watched at lynda.com
- start your training where you last left off when you return to lynda.com for a new session;
- earn Certificates of Completion for courses you have completed, and then share your accomplishments via email, link, banner, or printed copy;
- bookmark your favorite courses, chapters, and movies;
- customize your lynda.com experience by specifying player, course page layout, and bookmark preferences.